Apply to be a Sponsored Industry Delegate at the Festival
Due to the generous support of Ottawa’s Danbe Foundation, we are able to sponsor fifteen (15) Ottawa-based artists to participate in the 2015 Industry Series as Registered Industry Delegates (RID). The Industry Series is Magnetic North’s professional symposium, dedicated to building networks and sharing knowledge amongst national and international Festival delegates. Industry delegates participate in all networking and marketplace events, such as: One-2-One meetings with presenters, Pitch Sessions, Presenter Platforms, Industry Feasts, and Meet-Ups. Whether you want to simply learn more about the national and international theatre/live performance touring industry, or have a show you want to pitch, participation affords delegates unparalleled access to leaders in the arts and culture community.
Danbe Foundation Registered Industry Delegates will receive:
1) Status as a Registered Industry Delegate, which provides access to all Industry events including the One-2-One meetings ($50 value)
2) Tickets to all Festival performances ($175 value)
3) Attendance at four (4) Industry Feasts ($120 value)
Eligible candidates must meet at least two (2) of the following criteria:
· Have at least three years of post-education theatre experience;
· Be recognized as theatre practitioners by their peers;
· Consider themselves producers of work that is viable for touring; or
· Be practitioners from other artistic disciplines but with a concentration in theatre.
In addition to the above, selected artists must be able to participate in the entire 2015 Industry Series from June 7-10, 2015. Industry events are scheduled to begin at 10am and continue late into the evening.
To apply please submit the following by Wednesday April 8th, 2015:
1) Resume or Biography (maximum 2 pages)
2) Letter of Interest (maximum 500 words). Include a short description of goals you hope to achieve through participation in the Industry Series. If possible, include a short description of your work/artistic practise. If you have a specific piece you would like to pitch during the One-2-One meetings include a brief synopsis.
Please email submissions to Kristen Holfeuer, Industry Producer at [email protected] by Wednesday, April 8, 2015
Submissions should be sent in one .pdf file in the following format:
Applications will be juried by Brenda Leadlay, Kristen Holfeuer, Sean Devine and Jennifer Fornelli. Candidates will be notified of the results by Friday, April 24th.