Call for 2017 Compass Points National Planning Committee
Magnetic North Theatre Festival (MNTF) is currently accepting applications for the Compass Points National Planning Committee. Now in its tenth year, Compass Points is a week-long intensive program held during MNTF. Designed to inspire and nurture the careers of emerging theatre artists from across the country, Compass Points provides a firsthand introduction to the professional theatre industry and fosters lifelong collaborative relationships among a peer community of Canada’s brightest new generation of theatre creators.
Members of the National Planning Committee will provide input on programming and the organizational structure of the 2017 event in Ottawa, ON and aid in outreach to schools and emerging artists. We are currently searching for one representative from each of the following areas for a total of six representatives:
- British Columbia;
- Prairie region (AB, SK, MB);
- Ontario (preference given to Ottawa);
- Atlantic Canada (NS, NB, PEI, NL);
- and the Territories (YU, NT, NU)
We strongly encourage individuals with previous Compass Points or administrative experience to apply.
- Availability for bi-weekly conference calls and regular email contact;
- Note taking during meetings and workshops;
- Attendance at the 2017 Magnetic North Theatre Festival in Ottawa (June 17-22) is preferred but not required
Members of the committee will receive a spot in the Compass Points program, a full-show pass to the festival, and an opportunity for mentorship.
Please forward your resume/CV and a statement of interest to Brian Postalian, Compass Points Curator at brian [at] magneticnorthfestival.ca. Early applications are encouraged. Any questions may also be forwarded to the same address.